Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

You are here: Home / Departments / Park Department / Park Department FAQs

Park Department FAQs

Please click on any of the questions below to show the answer to that question.

How do I reserve a park shelter house?
Contact City Hall to check availability of dates and to be added to the shelter house calendar.
When does the swimming pool open?
Check the information on the City website for specific pool opening dates. The pool is generally open Memorial Day weekend through Mid-August.
What are hours of operation for the swimming pool?
Regular open swimming hours for the pool are noon to 6:00 pm daily.
How do I contact the swimming pool?
The contact number for the pool is (785) 584-6306
How do I reserve the swimming pool for a private party?
Contact the pool at (785) 584-6306 or Shawnee County Parks and Recreation at (785) 267-1156. Ext 2611 to reserve.
When are summer swim lessons scheduled?
Specific information on swim lessons can be found on the City website under pools/park.
Where do I sign up for swim lessons?
You can contact the swimming pool at (785) 584-6306 or Shawnee County Parks and Recreation (785) 267-1156, Ext 2611 to sign up for lessons.
Are there adult swim programs?
Adult water aerobics are available at the Rossville swimming pool Tues and Thursdays from 6pm to 7pm.
Can I reserve a space at the campground?
The City of Rossville does not have a designated campground in the City Park, but does allow overnight camping if approved by the mayor or city council. Cost for overnight parking permit is $5 per day and does include use of available utilities. Contact City Hall in advance for permit.
Do you have 50-amp plugs at the City Park?
Yes some 50 amp plugs are available throughout the City Park.
Is cable TV available at the park?
Is high speed internet available?
Are there any buildings in City Park available to rent?
The shelter house in the City Park can be reserved for special events. Contact City Hall for availability of dates.
Is there a dump station near the campground?
Are laundry facilities available?
Can you reserve the picnic shelters at any of the city parks?
The shelter house in the City Park can be reserved for special events. Contact City Hall for availability of dates.
Are dogs allowed in the parks?
Animal exercise areas are designated in the City Park.
Where can I find out about special recreation events in the city?
The City website has information about events scheduled at the City Park and the Swimming Pool as well as the events scheduled at Joe Campbell Memorial stadium or you can contact City Hall for information on events.
How do I register for recreation activities?
Enrollment applications for Rossville Community Recreation Association are available on City website or at City Hall.
Does the city have facilities available to rent for special occasions?
The City Park shelter house can be reserved for special events and the party room at the Buhler Recreation Center (Swimming Pool) may be rented for special occasions. Call City Hall for more information on reservations.
Where are the parks located in the city?
The City Park is located at Main and Parkway on the South edge of Rossville next to the swimming pool and Joe Campbell Memorial Stadium and in close proximity to the Rossville High School. Terry L Andrick Memorial Park is located at Main and East Perry Street.


What is the age cut off for city baseball and softball?
The Rossville Community Recreation Association offers baseball and softball programs for ages 5 to 18 years of age.
How do I receive the early registration discount?
A $20.00 late fee will be assessed on all applications received after the registration deadline.
How do I know if practice for a specific youth sport is cancelled?
You would need to contact your team coach to determine if practice is cancelled
What are city parks hours?
The City Park, except for the tennis courts, close one hour after sunset. Organized events, which have written approval of the City, may remain after sunset. Andrick Memorial Park closes at sunset.
What are the registration dates for city youth sports?
The Rossville Community Recreation Association 2013 summer ball program registration deadline is Friday, March 15, 2013
What are the costs for participating in youth recreation programs?
Rossville Community Recreation Association 2013 fees are $50 for one child; $90 for two children; $110 for three children and $130 for four or more children.
Where do I find recreation registration and program information?
Program and registration information can be found on the City website and at the Rossville City Hall, 438 Main Street.
What happens when recreation program registrations are submitted after the deadline?
Registrations will be accepted for a short time after the deadline but will include at late fee.
How do I sign up to receive email recreation program updates? At this time the Rossville Community Recreation Association does not provide updates by email.
Filed under: