Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

You are here: Home / Resident Services / Utilities


What do I need to do to get water and trash service started in my name in Rossville?
You may apply for service by mail or by coming to City Hall located at 438 Main. You need to complete and sign a Residence Service Utility Application Form agreeing to pay for water, sewer and trash service at the service location requested. The Residence Application Information sheet provides additional details regarding our city services. Positive identification is required when applying for service. If you apply for service at City Hall please bring your Social Security Card and one form of picture ID. If you are applying by mail complete the Positive Identification form and return with your Residence Service Utility Application.

A $75 meter deposit must be paid before the water meter is turned on. The meter deposit may be mailed with the Residence Service Utility Application and Positive ID form if handling the application by mail.

On your first bill after turning water on there will be an Activation Charge of $25 billed to your account.

Auto Pay for Water Bills: The City of Rossville now has the ability for you to establish automatic payment of your monthly water bill. Once the Auto Pay Application Form is approved and  established, your bank account is automatically debited each month for payment on the date the bill is due. Questions can be directed to City Hall. On Line Payment is also available on our website using your checking or savings account, Visa or Master Card. A Service Fee and processing fee applies to these types of payments. These types of payments are also accepted in our office.

The water consumption on the bill is figured in hundreds of gallons. You can use up to 2,000 gallons for a minimum monthly water charge of $25.00. The minimum monthly sewer charge is $15.00. Click on the City Code Book reference below and refer to Section 15-109 and Section 15-202 for further information concerning water and sewer rates.
City Code Book

A state water protection fee is billed monthly on your account.

What do I pay for Trash Service?
The monthly charge for Trash Service $13.00. This charge is billed with your water and sewer charges.

When is trash picked up at my residence?
Trash is picked up every Monday. You need to provide your own trash container with a capacity not to exceed 30 gallons.


Phone Service

Gas Service
Kansas Gas Service

Electricity Service
Westar Energy

Cable Television
Zito Media 1-800-365-6988

« December 2018 »
Log in

Forgot your password?