2023 CITY ELECTION INFORMATION
2023 Election Candidate Information:
2023 Candidate Filing Deadline: 12:00pm (Noon) on Thursday, June 1, 2023
• Candidates may file by petition or filing fee for all city offices
• Candidates for office in cities of the 3rd class file at the Shawnee County Election Office, 3420 SW Van Buren Street, Topeka, Kansas. All city offices are elected on a non-partisan basis. The Cities of the 3rd Class used the Election at Large method of election.
• A primary election shall only be held if more than three (3) times the number of candidates (file for office) as there are positions to be elected.
• Filing Fee payments of cash or checks are accepted. Make all checks payable to Shawnee County.
• Election Day is Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Please note that the parking lot at the Election Office is being resurfaced throughout the month of May and will be closed intermittently. If the parking lot is blocked, please park to the west of the building (across Van Buren) and enter through the west gate and entrance. We will have signs with directions posted on the days when the parking lot is closed.
· On Wednesday, May 3rd & Thursday May 4th we will be unable to accept any filings due to a staff training event.
· Monday, May 29th – Office Closed in observance of Memorial Day.
· Thursday, June 1st 12:00 noon: Filing Deadline.
The Shawnee County Election Office is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Filing Fees must be paid by cash or check. If you have any questions please call us at 785-251-5900 or email us at ElectionOffice@snco.us.